Good morning everyone,
It's Felisa again and it's been 2 weeks since my surgery. Two weeks ago I was fast asleep in the OR - wow time flies!
Each day seems to bring a new or better status and we are so thankful for the overwhelming support and encouragement that we have received from our family and friends over the past few weeks.
I am getting stronger everyday, but I am still easily fatigued and have quite a bit of neck discomfort/tightness as my muscles are still healing from the surgery. My hand and arm are going through stages of healing that are quite painful right now and we ask for continued prayer for this area of my body. At times, the pain is very intense and feels like an electric shock impulse. It's simply the nerve coming back to life and as my skin nerves regrow over the incision, that has been painful, but overall, we are happy to have the tumor gone for good and to be able to move on in our lives!
I have my 2 week follow-up with the flight doc tomorrow morning and then I will have a phone follow-up with my surgeon from the Barrows Neurological Institute later this week.
Happy Monday & may the Lord bless you today!
Scripture Feeding
Thus says the Lord, "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength, and whose heart turns away from the Lord. For he will be like a bush in the desert and will not see when prosperity comes, but will live in stony wastes in the wilderness, a land of salt without inhabitant. Blessed is the man who trusts in the lord and who trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit. The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it? I the lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.
Jeremiah 17:5-10 NASB
1 comment:
good to hear that you are staying so positive. I can appreciae how difficult it must be for you day by day. time is of the essence when we are in a hurry to get well.
Siri
Post a Comment