Hi everyone - Felisa here again. Sorry that we've been so delinquent with keeping the blog updated lately. Between the holidays, recovery and company in town, I blew it off!
Sooooo, here goes the latest :
I started physical therapy on 21 December 2007 at the PT clinic on base and that has been one of the most challenging experiences that I have ever encountered!
I go 3 times/week and spent the first 2 weeks simply trying to get the muscles loosened enough to where someone could touch my skin and massage/palpate the muscles. This was very painful and the nerve pain came back as a result of the muscles being stimulated and I was in agony, dealing with the severe nerve pain and no sleep again. Thankfully, the Lord has slowly brought me to a place in the therapy regiment where I can now do some very basic strengthening exercises. Everyday I still experience the severe nerve pain but it is slowly getting less and less. I just pray and or cry through it! I have managed to stay away from having to take any medications (besides advil) for the pain and just relied on the Lord's power and strength to pull me through each painful episode. Everyday is slowly getting better and I am happy to be moving forward again.
You're probably wondering what has happened with my job etc......I went back to work PART-TIME at best on 3 Jan and have been working 2-3 hrs a day in the office and then working from home on my government laptop. I am so blessed to have a Commander that understands this recovery process and has given me the green light to do whatever I need to to get myself back to normal and healthy. I am actually following the doctor's orders and not pushing the limit - for once!
It will be months before I may/may not fly again - I'm just taking it one day at a time and leaving the rest to the Lord to decide! I am content with whatever he may have in store for me and am anxious for 2008 and for the road ahead.
Thank you for your support and encouragement over the past several weeks. It means more than you will ever know and I only hope to be able to repay the generosity. More to follow as the PT continues for the foreseeable future. I'll keep the blog updated more often so you can track my progress.
In the meantime, thanks for the prayers.
Scripture Feeding
Thus says the Lord, "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength, and whose heart turns away from the Lord. For he will be like a bush in the desert and will not see when prosperity comes, but will live in stony wastes in the wilderness, a land of salt without inhabitant. Blessed is the man who trusts in the lord and who trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit. The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it? I the lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.
Jeremiah 17:5-10 NASB
No comments:
Post a Comment