Scripture Feeding

Thus says the Lord, "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength, and whose heart turns away from the Lord. For he will be like a bush in the desert and will not see when prosperity comes, but will live in stony wastes in the wilderness, a land of salt without inhabitant. Blessed is the man who trusts in the lord and who trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit. The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it? I the lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.

Jeremiah 17:5-10 NASB








Friday, May 7, 2010

A goal completed

My friend Kellie & I recently completed a long term goal that we had before her husband returns from Afghanistan in 8 days - we ran a 10k and finished it!

In the fall of 2009, we ran a 5k and after that we decided to run a 10k in the spring before Sean returns so that we had a goal to focus on.

Although the training was a bit sparse, we were able to complete the 10k is just over an hour.

The weather was chilly but we managed to push through it. I must be getting older as I took Advil for the 2 days following the race on Sunday - ha!

The first 2 pictures are of us before the race and the third one is after the race - notice my "fake" smile :)




No comments: