As we have come to realize, family is such an important part of life and the Lord gives you a family as a way to see Him & see his character as he creates and develops each of us.
It really is a gift - to have people in your life that you call family.
Neither Simon nor I have large families and over the last year, we have both watched dear family members pass away. Simon lost his dad last year in May of 2010 and my maternal grandpa just passed away this year at the end of July.
I am so proud of my grandpa (William Humphries) - he was a man of great courage, one of the few surviving World War II vets still around & a Navy veteran. He served this great country with distinction and honor and I am thankful for his service and sacrifice. Unfortunately, neither of our children were able to have a relationship with him on this Earth, but we pray that someday, they will be able to meet him and know him in heaven.
He left a legacy of loyalty, commitment and selflessness that will forever be embedded in my mind. I can only hope that I too can pass those character qualities onto our children. What a shining example they have to remember.....
The pictures are of him on a fairly recent trip to see the ship that he was stationed on as it came to Virginia to be made into a museum.
Enjoy & remember what's really important to you,
Scripture Feeding
Thus says the Lord, "Cursed is the man who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength, and whose heart turns away from the Lord. For he will be like a bush in the desert and will not see when prosperity comes, but will live in stony wastes in the wilderness, a land of salt without inhabitant. Blessed is the man who trusts in the lord and who trust is the Lord. For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit. The heart is more deceitful than all else and is desperately sick; who can understand it? I the lord, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.
Jeremiah 17:5-10 NASB
No comments:
Post a Comment